Single lane, flaggers, and lane shifts to be expected
Night time work continues week of Nov. 1 due to weather.
WHAT'S HAPPENING NOW
Week of November 1
- Nighttime work (Monday and Tuesday) may occur this week due to weather.
- The center island of the roundabout will be excavated and prepared for curb installation and an elevated truck apron.
- Daytime curb and sidewalk preparations will continue in all remaining parts of the roundabout.
- A new stormwater retention chamber and purification system will be installed along Route 9W near Price Chopper.
- A stormwater swale will be installed on Route 9W near Mt. Moriah Academy.
- Foundations for overhead light poles will be installed and wiring conduit will be added.
- Relocation of Verizon overhead utility lines and pole removal will be completed.
Traffic Impact: The intersection will temporarily function as a single-lane roundabout marked with temporary signage, orange cones/barrels and temporary road striping. Flaggers will direct traffic around the construction zone when necessary. Expect lane shifts, shoulder closures and brief traffic stoppages throughout the week as equipment is moved in and out of the work area. Expect traffic delays.
WHAT'S HAPPENING NEXT
Week of November 8
- Nighttime work may occur this week due to weather.
- The center island of the roundabout will have curb installed and concrete poured for the elevated truck apron.
- “Splitter” islands, which divide incoming and outgoing roundabout traffic, will be installed on all sides of the roundabout.
- Permanent roundabout signage will be erected.
- Work will continue on a new stormwater retention chamber and purification system along Route 9W near Price Chopper.
Traffic Impact: In daytime hours, expect lane shifts, shoulder closures and brief traffic stoppages as equipment is moved in and out of the work area. Expect delays.