State Report: Workforce Growing in 2022, Still Needs Big Boost
Policy Research Associates, Inc. (PRA) is a small woman-owned business that is a national leader in behavioral health and research. 2018 marks their 30th Anniversary – they began back in 1987 with just one research project. Over the years, they have grown both in size and project diversity.
Founded with the stated mission of “creating positive social change through technical assistance, research, and training for people who are disadvantaged”, PRA now employs approximately 50 people – several of whom reside right here in Bethlehem. And although they are located on Delaware Avenue, just past the Four Corners, they work with various federal agencies, foundations, state and local governments, and national and state organizations. Some of their clients include:
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- U.S. Department of Justice
- Social Security Administration
- National Institute of Justice
- Jacob & Valeria Langeloth Foundation
- John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation
- Conrad N. Hilton Foundation
- New York State Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- Los Angeles County Department of Corrections
PRA offers four core services that help individuals with behavioral health needs achieve recovery. In partnership with their sister non-profit, Policy Research, Inc., they offer technical assistance, training, research, and meeting facilitation services. Numerous grants have been awarded to them over the years enabling research, training, and technical assistance, to help organizations working in the complex areas of behavioral health, homelessness, benefit access, criminal justice, juvenile justice, veteran services, recovery support, trauma, and wellness. Their reputation of delivering top-notch research and impeccable customer service on time and on budget, combined with their decades-long history of building successful partnerships and delivering strong outcomes, has brought them national and international recognition.
In the Community:
PRA has always been committed to giving back to the local community, and their employees are engaged in giving and volunteering in the Bethlehem community in various ways. The company has developed a number of long-standing charitable giving campaigns and volunteer projects. Whether it be serving breakfast at the local homeless shelter or competing in a company-wide fundraising challenge, each staff member plays a part in serving neighbors in need.
Organizations PRA has collaborated with include:
- Albany County Department of Children, Youth, and Families
- Bethlehem Central Student Senate
- Bethlehem Community Fund
- Bethlehem Youth Court
- Fostering Futures New York
- Girls on the Run
- Interfaith Partnership for the Homeless
- Regional Foodbank of Northeastern New York
Click HERE to visit their website.